Homemade Peanut Butter Perfect Bars Recipe
Recipe by Kisha Wilson
I absolutely love the store-bought version of Peanut Butter Perfect Food Bars. They’re so easy to just grab for a quick breakfast (with coffee, mmmm. My favorite combo) or just for any time on the go. However, buying them daily can get expensive. So when I found this recipe I was really happy to give it a try! Now, I think I may even like these better!! Plus, they are super easy to make, healthy, and high in protein & you probably already have everything you need in your cabinets to whip them up.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Set: 2+ hours
- Total: 2 hrs 10 minutes
- Makes: 8 bars
- 1 1/4 cup dry oats (or oat flour)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or 1/4 cup if it’s a small scoop 😉 (I use Vanilla Acsent Pea Protein- you can use any you like)
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 tbsp melted coconut oil
* modifications could be adding mini chocolate chips, swapping proteins or using fun flavors like cookies & cream, or swapping nut butter.
- Using a food processor, blend dry oats on high until it makes a fine powder. Be sure to try to get any big chunks out. If you use oat flour just skip this step.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: oat flour, protein powder, and salt. You can use a wooden spoon or honestly, your hands work fine.
- Add peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp coconut oil & mix all together. It should eventually come together in a big, thick ball. If it seems too dry add more coconut oil. BE CAREFUL, too much oil will make them soft and they won’t set as well. Make sure you coat all the flour and dry ingredients well. It should all look wet.
- Press evenly into a rectangle pan/dish about 8×4 size
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 2+ hours or unit hard before cutting. I usually just let them sit overnight.
- Cut in 8 bars
Enjoy!! Let us know how they turn out!
*While I can’t take full credit for this recipe, it’s derived from HERE.
Also Check Out…