Workout of the Day:
10 Push Press (115/75 lbs.)
1 Kettlebell Swing (24/16 kg)
9 Push Press
2 Kettlebell Swings
8 Push Press
3 Kettlebell Swings
1 Push Press
10 Kettlebell Swings
Let’s Row – Friday Night Rowing and a Movie
Written by C.J. Martin
This Friday night at 7:00 p.m. we will be gathering at USD’s training facility for rowing and a movie. This is going to be a ton of fun, and a great opportunity for all of us to row some serious meters while hanging out with our favorite Invictus peeps. The facility has more than 20 ergs (the fancy name for the Concept 2 rower thing), and a big screen projector. That means we can get at least 40 folks in to provide some breaks for those of us who don’t have a derriere prepared to sit on an erg for two hours.
This will be a family-friendly environment, so children are allowed to come and hang out as well. I will bring some snacks and a few chairs (to be used while your rowing partners are giving you a break from the erg), but I encourage you to bring a chair and any food that you can’t live without while you’re watching a movie (certain stud athletes here have been seen putting away a jumbo popcorn, licorice sticks and soda – but I will not be responsible for supplying those items). And most importantly, we need to decide on a movie. Please post your suggestions to comments.
Please email [email protected] or sign up on the whiteboard if you will be able to make it out for this rowing extravaganza. Or, just show up if you’re on the fence and don’t want to commit. We want a huge crowd, so we hope to see you all there. Here are directions from downtown:
- Take I-5 North to the I-8 East exit.
- Immediately exit onto Morena Blvd.
- Steer right as Morena splits into Linda Vista Avenue (immediately after you pass under the I-5).
- Continue on Linda Vista through 4 stop lights and take your first available left into USD after the 4th light.
- Park next to the pool entrance, walk into the sports center basketball court, and go to the far west side of the building and you will see signs that say Invictus Rowing Extravaganza.
There are tumbling mats for the kids, and stationary bikes for those who can’t row.