Workout of the Day:
TESTING DAY – Please follow prescription and report scores. We will be using this data going forward to track our athletes’ progress.
Five or Six sets of:
Shoulder Press @ 20X1 tempo
Rest 3 minutes between sets
(use this time effectively to work on hip mobility or glute activation exercises – your coaches can help give you some suggestions)
For the shoulder press, perform the following reps and percentages:
* Set 1 – 50% of possible 1-RM x 3 reps
* Set 2 – 75% of possible 1-RM x 2 reps
* Set 3 – 85% of possible 1-RM x 1 rep
* Set 4 – 90-95% of possible 1-RM x 1 rep
* Set 5 – Test 1-RM
* Set 6 (optional) – Exceed Set 5 weight
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 7 minutes of:
7 Box Jumps (24″/18″)
7 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
Tricep Stretch with Rope
Written by Calvin Sun
Tight triceps can prevent you from achieving a proper overhead position, as well as cause issues in the rack position. Use this stretch to help improve and maintain flexibility in your triceps.
– Start standing straight up and reach behind you with your right hand over and your left hand under.
– Actively reach as low as you can on your back with your right hand.
– Use your left hand to gently pull the rope down and increase the stretch felt in your tricep.
– Perform 5 cycles of 5 seconds of contraction and 10 seconds of passive stretching. Switch sides and repeat the same process.
Try incorporating this stretch into your post-workout routine.
Still not sure how to perform this stretch? Feel free to ask one of your coaches.