Workout of the Day:
Three sets of:
Bulgarian Split Squat x 8-12 reps
Rest 30 seconds
60 second Handstand Hold
Rest 3 minutes;
Rounds of 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10 reps of:
Straight-leg Hamstring Stretch with Rope
Written by Calvin Sun
Your hamstrings are a major component of your posterior chain and play a vital role in almost any athletic endeavour. Use this stretch to help improve and maintain flexibility in your hamstrings.
1. Begin lying on your back on the floor with both legs straight. Take the rope and wrap it around your foot.
2. Flex your right quadriceps as your raise your right leg up to vertical. Ensure your left leg remains straight and on the ground.
3. Keep your left leg on the ground by firing your left glute and keeping your heel on the ground.
4. As you reach the end of your range of motion, exhale slightly and increase the stretch by gently pulling on the rope until you feel a stretch in your right hamstring.
5. Perform 5 cycles of 5 seconds of contraction and 10 seconds of passive stretching. Switch and repeat on the other leg.
Try to incorporate this stretch into your post-workout routine every day.
Still not sure how to perform this stretch? Feel free to ask one of your coaches.