Slow Cooker Enchilada Bowls Recipe
Recipe by Nichole Kribs
This is a GREAT meal to make for mid-week dinner if you want something easy and tasty that will please the masses and set you up with enough leftovers for lunches to finish off the week well prepared.
This enchilada bowl is packed with so much flavor and texture to that you won’t even notice there’s no shell! And it’s guaranteed to satisfy the craziest of Mexican food cravings (which I often have). The great thing about this bowl is that you can customize it for your personal preferences with the toppings you use!
- 2-3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles
- 12 oz Enchilada Sauce (I like Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 1-2 Cans Beans (black, pinto, kidney, etc.)
- 1-2 Avocados
- Chopped Cilantro
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Jack Cheese (optional)
- Dump the can of diced green chiles into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts on top of the chiles.
- Dump the entire jar of the enchilada sauce on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cook on the low setting for 6-7 hours.
- Heat the can of black beans on the stove for 5-8 minutes (you can also microwave the beans).
- Chop your bunch of cilantro and dice your avocado(s).
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Place the chicken back in the slow cooker and submerge the chicken in the enchilada sauce.
Place a ½ cup of rice into the bottom of your bowl. Place ¼ cup of beans on top of the rice then place 4-6 ounces of chicken on top of the the rice and beans. Top with cilantro, salsa, avocado and shredded jack cheese.
Enjoy this tasty version or have fun coming up with your own!