Workout of the Day
Five sets of:
Front Squat x 2-4 reps @ 30X1
Rest 20 seconds
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups x Max Reps
Rest 3 minutes;
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in five minutes of:
15 Goblet Squats
30 Flutter Kicks
(every other leg kick equals 1 rep)
Optional Finisher – Turkish Get-ups x 3-5 reps each arm
My Life Improvement System
Written by C.J. Martin
Do you have a system for improving your life? I do. Ok, truth is, I have lots of systems for improving various aspects of my life, but there is one very important one that I want to share with you today.
Before I get started, let me tell you a little bit about me. I am somewhat of a workaholic. I love what I do, and sometimes I struggle to stop doing it. This means I don’t always take time to relax or take care of the mobility work that my body desperately needs after working on my computer writing programs all day. Luckily, I have a solution that allows me to take out both of these birds with one stone.
Introducing . . . my life improvement system.
My life improvement system is comprised of three main components.
– Norsk Thoracic Wedge
– Prism Glasses (aka, Supine Reading Glasses)
– My Favorite Television Show (The Ultimate Fighter or a football game)
Here’s how it works.
1. Step away from the computer you have been hunched over for several hours. Notice that your posture resembles that of a certain Parisian bell ringer.
2. Turn on the television to your favorite show.
3. Plop down your Norsk Thoracic Wedge – tall side toward your bumper.
4. Put on your totally cool looking Prism/Supine Reading Glasses.
5. Lay down on the floor resting your spine through the channel of the thoracic wedge.
VOILA!!! Your life is suddenly better. You are laying there relaxing, watching your favorite television show/sport, all while improving your thoracic mobility and making you a less limited athlete. Brilliant!
(DISCLAIMER – Before using the Life Improvement System you should consult/warn your significant other and/or roommates. The Life Improvement System should not be used around any prospective romantic interest or any person whom you would like to impress with your appearance. Users of the Life Improvement System must be self-confident and/or thick-skinned, as some have reported side effects including teasing, ridicule and relationship woes.)
Final Note – Please notice that my super cool glasses are tortoise shell. This is really important because when you are wearing these, you want to be a bit more subtle with your fashion than a solid black rim. I mean seriously, only dorks would wear solid black rim glasses, and these are clearly not for dorks.