Over the past few weeks, we have heard quite a few announcements concerning the 2013 CrossFit Open. I am hoping this blog post will answer any questions that my fellow Invicti may have during these exciting times.
The first major announcement is the beyond awesome news that the 2013 SoCal Regionals will indeed be in our back yard at the Del Mar Fairgrounds the weekend of May 17th – 19th. Invictus, save this date on your calendars! Our athletes are always grateful for the support that the Sea of Green provides at Regionals and we are hoping this year will be our largest group yet.
Our second major announcement is the new team addition to the Invictus family – our Sea of Green Team! In past years, we have always had one team, Team Invictus, who has made it to Regionals and then continued on to the CrossFit Games. This year, we are hoping to qualify not one but both of our Invictus teams!
Which brings us to our next announcement - it’s that time of year again! Time to register for the CrossFit Open. I know there are many of you who have some reservations about registering; maybe you feel a little intimidated by a competitive environment or you have doubts on your abilities to be labeled as a ‘competitive athlete’. Or maybe you just aren’t the competitive type. Reservations or not, the CrossFit Open is the perfect opportunity for you to test out the skills you’ve been working hard on all year long and see how you stack up against others in the SoCal region – even if you don’t perform the workouts during our competitive Friday Night Lights.
Of course, we don’t want to try to talk you into something you don’t want to do, but we do have a final announcement that might change your mind. (Drum roll please!) This year, the SoCal affiliate with the most registered participants by Sunday, March 10th will receive 150 free tickets to this year’s 2013 SoCal Regionals! And since this is taking place in our back yard, we would love to see these free tickets go to the very deserving Sea of Green.
How to Register for the 2013 CrossFit Open on the Sea of Green Team
1. Navigate yourself over to http://games.crossfit.com/
2. At the top right side of the website, you’ll see a big red block that says “COMPETE HERE” in White. Go ahead and click there.
3. If you signed up for the 2012 CrossFit Open and/or Invictus ‘CrossFit for Hope’ event last year, you already have a login. So there is no need to create one. Just go ahead and sign in with that information.
If you did not sign up last year for either event, you will need to go ahead and create a login.
4. Once you login, either with you already established login or with your newly created one, they will ask you some location information and ask for payment; the cost for the Open is $20.
5. After payment is submitted, you will be brought to a screen that will ask you to designate two things; your affiliate and your team.
For your affiliate, select “CrossFit Invictus” from the drop down; there are thousands of affiliates listed in this drop down but thankfully, it is in alphabetical order. Ours is located roughly halfway down the list.
For your team, select “Sea of Green” from the drop down.
You are now all set to compete in the CrossFit 2013 Open! If you have any questions or issues with registering, you can contact Jaimie at 619-231-3000 or [email protected] Good luck, everyone!